Thursday 31 October 2013

Alien meets Gravity: Gravitalien

a) While observing the publicity images for Gravity, I began to wonder how one might transfer ideas to do with Alien into this movie since it was in some way asking me to.  I wondered about Aliens crawling around ruined parts of space crafts in Earths outer orbit and then when I looked at the images of the astronauts connected to one another by umbilicals marooned in space. Perhaps there are aliens out there in the outer orbit ready to pounce on any stray astronauts


 
b) I thought about my earlier concepts for an Alien version of Human Centipede which might feature aliens connected to one another with their phallic tails inserted into one another's anuses walking around together. I took an image of the alien suit shown at various exhibitions of Giger's and replicated it a few times to build a chain as if they are passing by in the manner of a train.

No comments:

Post a Comment