Thursday 8 October 2015

Rough Mayan Rocketeer sketches

Leading from 

a) My idea for a Mayan Rocketeer keeps changing every time I attempt to draw one, loosely inspired by Pakal Votan Tomb lid, inspired by the idea of the Mayan Space Jockey tablet featured briefly in the movie Prometheus.

b)  I admit that when I draw these things, I am not always sure what the point of it all is other than continue to explore different possibilities all the time and I often don't see the point in finishing them and I am quick to assume that there is another way to do it and what I have done is all wrong, but I like the idea of a narrative being formed however loose it might be.



Archeologist examine tomb and suddenly it comes
to life with the occupant transforming it
at the touch of a button into a space rocket.
Perhaps the idea of a coffin bank is relevant for the above sketch


Mayan rocketer launching from Mayan tomb while an archeologist runs for his life.
Mayan Rocketeer
Mayan Rocketeer

Mayan Rocketeer
Mayan Rocketeer

Mayan Rocketeer



Mayan Rocketeer

Mayan Rocketeer

Mayan Rocketeer



Star bus full of tourists off to visit a planet, catch sight of the rocketeer

Mayan Rocketeer

Mayan Rocketeer travelling into a vortex being held open by angels, observed by a tourist on a star bus


Mayan rocketeer disappears into the vortex

detail of rocket from above


Mayan Rocketeer travelling through strange tunnel


Mayan Rocketeer travelling through strange tunnel
Mayan Rocketeer travelling through strange tunnel
See also: Mayan Rocketeer Painting

No comments:

Post a Comment